advertentie PDK Pallets reclame

205 GTI 999

Moderator: P-unit

Plaats reactie
cybernck
Contacteer:

205 GTI 999

Bericht door cybernck »

After recently selling my Black 205 GTI 1.9, I haven't planned on buying another 205 GTI but this one was simply too good to pass. XU9JAZ (1.9 Motronic Cat, 120 bhp). First registered in 1991, but it's a 1989 model. 205 GTIs are very rare in Bosnia (and we're not able to import such old cars), let alone ones in original unmolested condition, that have never been crashed - actually, this must be the best example in Bosnia! I wished to have such a 205 GTI but I didn't even know this one existed, up until recently - so, miracles do happen! :)

Afbeelding

However, the real reason I bought it is a tribute to a silver 205 GTI 1.9, which made me and my father fall in love with 205 GTIs, 20 years ago! You only live once and 205s have been a big part of my life so far, therefore I owed this one to buy it and cherish it.

Afbeelding

It initially drove like a dream but all of a sudden developed some electric problems, which made it stall upon warm up. After quite a bit of troubleshooting, I traced it to a duff ECU relay, but unfortunately the starter died because of all the cranking. Not exactly what I was hoping I'd be doing with my "new" 205 in the first days of ownership :-(. I had to get the PAS bottle fixed too.

Afbeelding

The tail lamps were the biggest bodge-up I've ever seen on a 205 - a mixture of Ph1 electrics, Ph2 reflectors and a Ph2 cover and no revers lamp! I replaced the tail lamps for Ph1 items. I put some old orange front indicators on it too, for the retro look and becuase one of the clear ones fell apart. The car back together and it fired up straight away and ran for 20 minutes with no problems... and then the same problem came back! I was devastated. Spent next couple of days replacing EVERYTHING electrical. It turned out to be a duff rotor arm in the end.

Afbeelding

The car got it's first wash, at last! Then it was time for an obligatory photosession. A dull day, but it pics came out not too bad. As it stands, it's completely original, even has the original faded bumpers, except for the aftermarket lower driving/spot lamps.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

It's got the early interior - to be honest, I've always hated it and preferred the later black/red chequer trim, but it has grown on me, as it goes really well with silver exterior. No rips, holes or missing bits. Only one of the driver's side seat bolsters is a little bit saggy. Seats and carpet could do with a wash but that will have to wait for spring.

Afbeelding

And the small, but all-important, finishing touch!

Afbeelding

Not quite sure about the plans with the car, I'll give it some more thought and present my ideas later.

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/205gti999
KrisKe
Pug Driver

Bericht door KrisKe »

the same color as mine

my one is a 1989model, but i have fase 2lights in the back :?

it looks great, dude,

much fun with it :wink:
Peugeot drive=>the way of live

Peugeot 205 'Junior' 1.4Xs 1987
Peugeot 406 1.9TD phase 1
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

Not as messy "conversion" as it was on mine, I hope!
205 Mi32 - The Twin Mi16 Engined 205 - http://www.205Mi32.com
Steven

Bericht door Steven »

Nice car, and really nice keychain! :shock: Interior looks great! I preffer this version over the chequered one!
kiwi022

Bericht door kiwi022 »

Looks pretty damn fine to me :D
jurgen_s
Pug Driver

Bericht door jurgen_s »

nice catch!!

looks though that the drivers door is not the original one or has been repainted, but nevertheless nice for you to find your dreamcar!!
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

I think it's actually the wing that has been replaced, but either way, that's not something that bothers me at the moment :).
Bart VDA

Bericht door Bart VDA »

Nice.
It looks like the previous owner also took care of it very well.

How many kilometers does your catch have?
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

As you can see in the picture of clocks, nearly 270k km, but it can't be right?!

Especially as the car is in Bosnia since 1998 and we don't do a lot of driving here.
cybernck
Contacteer:

Re: 205 GTI 999

Bericht door cybernck »

Wow, I can't believe that I got the car nearly two years ago now and I've not done any work on it since,
except having to repair the radiator, but I've just started making it nicer and better, so you can expect
an update soon! :)
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

Nearly two years and only 4000 km later, we're in September 2011. Better late than never - starting a small
overhaul from inside out. Dirty interior was making me sick and I was eagerly awaiting to see it out.

Afbeelding

Fashionable red carpet, one of the 205 GTI iconic features, was past its best too and also going out.

Afbeelding

Everything removed and sent to an upholsterer, for side bolsters repair and general tidy-up.

Afbeelding

A classic example of side bolster damage. It's actually not too extensive, especially not on the other seat.
It was an easy job for the professional. Next up, the cleaners.

Afbeelding

Meanwhile, since about half of the bulbs had been blown, I took the dash apart and changed them.

Afbeelding

At the same time, I got a better condition steering wheel, gear knob and gear gator from my parts collection :)

Afbeelding

To be continued...

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/205gti999?page=2
jurgen_s
Pug Driver

Bericht door jurgen_s »

good job!!
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

With the interior parts back from the cleaners, the first job was to put the clean carpet back in the car.
I've also put the dash back together. What a massive difference! Apart from some fade in the driver's
footwell, it looks pristine.

Afbeelding

The rear seats - fitted back in place looking like they've never been sat on.

Afbeelding

The finished front seats look pretty good! Also, I swapped the sides to even out the wear, so my passenger
side seat is now my driver's seat.

Afbeelding

All done! I'm now in love with the interior :). Ironically, new floor mats I've had on my disposal have "Tuning"
written on them, haha. As you can see, the reclining adjuster is on the outside side now, so the lower plastic
cover can't be used, but I don't really miss it :).

Afbeelding

205 GTI dash layout and illumination - a fascination from my childhood days.

Afbeelding

All in all, I'm very pleased with the results - it was well worth the effort!

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/205gti999?page=3
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

To firm up and lower the suspension a bit, I've installed Koni Sport adjustable shocks absorbers with
Jamex -30 mm springs and BakerBM Grp.N top mounts in the front of the car...

Afbeelding

...and matching Koni Sport adjustable dampers in the rear. I haven't altered the rear beam height.

Afbeelding

Full size photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/205gti999?page=3
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

Meanwhile, I got offered a Phase 2 Miami Blue 1.9 - a car I've been dreaming about
for many years, as I've never had a Ph2 205 GTI and it was my favourite colour for
that model, so I've simply had to buy it.

Afbeelding

Unfortunately, with both of them in need of restoration, one had to go. I decided
in favour of the Miami Blue and eventually managed to sell the Silver one. I'm not
happy about it but I've had no other choice.

Afbeelding

BYE BYE 205 GTI 999! :-(

Full size photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/205gti999?page=3
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “20x”