advertentie Nova reclame

Bouwj - Peugeot 307SW - cybernck

306, 307, 308 en 3008

Moderator: P-unit

Steven

Bericht door Steven »

Owh, in that way! Well as long as all the main functions are working, I would call it a succesful update! 8)
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

Focal 165 K2P component speaker set - pretty expensive, but once I heard them in action,
I simply couldn't listen to my Ground Zeros anymore and had to get them. I found a brand new
set in the UK. Very lucky find, as they're not in production anymore and used sets fetch high prices.

Afbeelding

Midrange speaker with kevlar membrane, very detailed tweeters and adjustable crossovers.
Can't believe I actually have them now, as I've been dreaming about their predecessors (165K),
many years ago! :D

Afbeelding

I managed to fit them onto the door cards, only just. They sound brilliant but will require proper
installation to make most out of them. I won't waste words trying to describe the difference
between them and my previous speakers.

Next, I fitted some frameless "aero" wiper blades but the other big news in this update is
a set of TSW Pace 7x18" ET18 wheels, that I got in exchange for my 17" Challengers:

Afbeelding

They suit the car nicely and completely change the appearance, but they're up for sale,
as I prefer my RS-GTs :).

And finally, a photo of modified vs standard:

Afbeelding

Modified wins ;).

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/307breaknck?page=6
Erwin

Bericht door Erwin »

modified defenetly wins :shock: love the wheels

groeten Erwin
Steven

Bericht door Steven »

nice "modifications"! :)
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

I decided to go full-on with the audio system, so I got a matching subwoofer for my
front speakers - Focal 33KX - 13-inch subwoofer in a custom sealed enclosure.
Kevlar membrane, dual voice coil, multiple magnets and the enclosure with more
volume than my last one - sounds amazing! :)

Afbeelding

Cheap chinese rear parking sensors off eBay - a bit "paranoid" (i.e. too sensitive) but
should do their job. After marking the sensor locations, the bumper was drilled using
the supplied drill-bit.

Afbeelding

A couple of holes had to be cut in the steel bar behind the bumper, for the inner pair of
parking sensors to sit in. Peugeot had already made a couple of holes for this reason,
but unfortunately their sensor arrangement was different to mine.

Afbeelding

Then I turned my attention to removing the front bumper - not to install parking sensors,
but to change the headlights (not too clever a design)! I wanted black headlights but decided
against spraying my own set, so I got a brand new pair of black aftermarket headlights.
I chose the rare version with OE-style reflectors, instead of small HID-style lenses
(that everybody seems to go for). They've got "angel eyes" or "halo rings" - perhaps
a bit tacky, but they don't look bad and they're barely visible in daylight anyway.

Afbeelding

Then I "bit the bullet" and finally made up my mind about spraying the exterior trim in white,
so I removed all of the black trim. Temporarily swapped the TSWs for my father's 406 Coupe
Hoggars (7x16" ET12 - nice and wide) :). Work in progress, but you can get an idea of what
it will look like when finished.

Afbeelding

The conclusion of this phase of mods will be revealed soon :).

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/307breaknck?page=7
205 Mi32 - The Twin Mi16 Engined 205 - http://www.205Mi32.com
kiwi022

Bericht door kiwi022 »

The Focal system is amazing :shock:

Works are looking great.
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

In the meantime, I sold the original 16" Ariane wheels I got with the car and bought
another set of 17" Challengers, this time with the adequate 205/50/17 tyres.

Afbeelding

And then I got busy again - rust on the rear steel bar eliminated, tailgate debadged,
all the bits picked up from the body shop and finally, everything put back on the car,
including parking sensors and wiring.

Afbeelding

The new "face". The car looks rejuvenated, doesn't it? I now can't believe that I've ever
doubted if spraying the trim is the way to go! Looking really nice sunbathing and with
the Challengers on (obviously the nicest wheel design for 307s). Really fresh and modern
apperance, while still not looking modified:

Afbeelding

And then some more photos, with RS-GTs back on again. The wheels and headlights are
in contrast with the body. It definitely requires a bit of getting-used-to, after having the
Challengers on for some time. Shame it was a dull day too.

Afbeelding

The appeareance has definitely changed from non-modified to subtly-modified, especially
with a debadged/clean tailgate. I've intentionally left the Pug lion on. I need to do something
about that antenna though, it makes it look like a radio-controlled car :).

And now... the conclusion - I'm really glad I've gone through with spraying the trim and
definitely won't be looking back! I'm curious to hear your opinion on this? :)

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/307breaknck?page=8
Steven

Bericht door Steven »

One after another great subtle modifications that make a big difference at the end! Nose looks real good with the white trims and the black headlights! But I like the challengers better on it! real nice job tho! 8)
jurgen_s
Pug Driver

Bericht door jurgen_s »

with the challengers and then it lookes like you said:
The car looks rejuvenated
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

This year I've mostly been into cycling and then recovering from a non-cycling injury,
so this project had taken a back seat for a while, but nevertheless, here's a quick update.

I picked up Compomotive MO 7x17" ET15 wheels with 205/40/17 tyres, destined for 205 Mi32.
The 307 looked rather hardcore with it, I loved the looks.

Afbeelding

Unfortunately, one of the front shock absorbers top mounts gave up the ghost (and the other
one was on it's way out). It took the wiper linkage out with it as well. I got them changed, but
I'll have to make some custom alloy ones, as the same thing will happen again sooner or later...

Afbeelding

Back on 18's again. This time on TSW's. They suit the car much better now the trim is white.

Afbeelding

That's it for now but you can expect a few more exciting updates soon :).

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/307breaknck?page=9
Steven

Bericht door Steven »

I still like this 307 8)
cybernck
Contacteer:

Re: Bouwj - Peugeot 307SW - cybernck

Bericht door cybernck »

Hello everyone! There was a distinct lack of updates in this topic due to a vast disappointment
that came to me last year in a form of engine failure, which killed my enthusiasm as well, but now
I'm back on track with this little project. So, let's see what happened with this EW10 engine.

One morning, the engine had seized and evetually started up, running on three cylinders and
vigorously knocking. Having exhausted all the other options, I've had to get the car transported
to a Peugeot garage.

Afbeelding

Guys at Brkic Servis feared the worst, as the coolant expansion tank was empty, meaning it
could be a case of a hydro-lock. They quickly removed and dismantled the engine.

The head showed no signs of damage and the head gasket didn't have any obvious indications
of failure either. Still, the head was sent off for a rebuild and a leak-down test.

Afbeelding

Moving onto the bottom end, the problem was obvious - first cylinder (from the cambelt side)
was a few milimeters down the bore, which meant a bent conrod :-(.

Bent in all three dimensions! Luckily, the crank escaped unharmed. A replacement conrod and
piston were sourced. We then decided to make a full service on the engine, so replaced the
timing belt and tensioners, water pump, all the gaskets, seals etc as well.

Afbeelding

Back together - running sweet and I should be without worries now. The thing is, I thought
I wouldn't have to worry about it in the first place, wth such a young car by my standards :-).

Also, I sold the TSW 18" wheels and temporarily had the car rolling on 7-spoke 207 16" wheels.

Afbeelding

Like I said, the project is back on track now, so you can expect several prompt updates soon :-).

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/307breaknck?page=9
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

Time to move on to happier updates, I think! Haha.

It's time to revisit and finally complete the audio system, starting with a messy job of properly
installing the front speakers at long last! Typical French - holes everywhere in the door, except
where I need one to be.

Afbeelding

Inner skin was cut-out and prepared to take a custom MDF speaker pod. With the pod in place
and firmly attached to the door's inner skin, we treated outer skins, pods and door cards treated
with a couple of coats of bitumen, for at least some vibration damping.

Afbeelding

And finally, speaker installed and all the holes sealed. What an unbelievable improvement of
my audio system, quite possibly the biggest single upgrade I've done so far!

Afbeelding

Door cards back on, though I did have to remove the lower hole cover I had made, so I will
have to revisit it later and also add LOADS of Dynamat or such material everywhere in the doors.

Afbeelding

The next update will be all about audio as well :).

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/307breaknck?page=10
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

Time to finally complete my envisaged audio system!

Afbeelding

Out with the old 4-channel amplifier (Magnat Rave 440, on the left, good little amp), in with
the new one (Focal FP 4.75, on the right). Specs: 4 x 75W @ 4 ohms, 4 x 100W @ 2 ohms,
2 x 200W @ 4 ohms. Full active crossover and an output for a second amp.

Afbeelding

Previous configuration was 2+1 ch, but since I'm going to run front Focal 165K2P speakers
on Focal FP 4.75 in bridged mode with low gain, it's accompanied by it's monoblock brother,
Focal FP 1.800 (with remote gain control) for the subwoofer.

Afbeelding

Specs: 1 x 400W @ 4 ohms, 1 x 600W @ 2 ohms, 1 x 800W @ 1 ohm. Focal 33KX beast
will be unleashed :-).

Afbeelding

Additional wiring was required for the additional amp.

With the front speakers properly installed and with the addition of new amplifiers, I am very
happy with my audio system now! I keep hearing details I previously haven't, in the same
tracks and songs. Next mods will be sound deadening and a better headunit.

As you can see, the 18" RS GT wheels are back on the car as well :).

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/307breaknck?page=10
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

With the audio install finished at long last, it was time to turn my attention to exterior and
fit parts I've had laying around for quite some time, but the first job was to get the bodywork
cleaner and shinier by a professional polisher.

Afbeelding

Then came a long awaited solution to a "radio controlled car" antenna, in form of a short
OE antenna, part number 6561.QQ, found on various models (607, 807 etc). Fits nicely
and radio reception seems fine, but I don't listen to radio at all, so it doesn't matter to
me either way :).

Afbeelding

Someone had stolen my rear wiper blade a long time ago and the wiper arm (6429.T8)
had a lot of play in it, so I bought both parts new. The wiper arm required a bit of persuasion
from an angle grinder to come off though.

Afbeelding

As I decided to update the tails lamps to Phase 2, I went for Phase 2 side indicators as well.
6325.G3 - 206 Phase 2 side indicators (x2). Exactly the same as 307 items (6325.G4) but at
half a price. Go figure. Not too visible in daytime, as the bulb is hidden.

Afbeelding

Phase 2 tail lamps! Compared to Phase 1 lights, they look much brighter, fresher and more red,
thought with a bit of a "China" look and feel to them. They fit the car straight on, but you need
additional two 5W bulbs, compared to Phase 1 lights.

Afbeelding

Exterior mods completed. Not much of a photo, but shows how shiny the car is.

Afbeelding

That's it for the bodywork mods, for the time being anyway.

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/307breaknck?page=11
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “30x”